26.7.09

Son's Gonna Rise.

I was supposed to be a boy. "Nicolas". <---That was my name. (Ew, I know.)
My room was blue, my clothing was blue and for some reason I can't figure out, my favourite colour is blue. Is this by default? Because it's what I was raised in and, afraid to venture off, decided to stay in?
Anyways, I was raised to play sports and to run, which I've managed to escape now that I'm older.
I was a big tomboy for the first half of my life, dressed in t-shirts and jeans, which I've swapped in for frilly dresses and ridiculous heels.
I was raised to protect, which is still a big part of my life.
I was raised to be the son. And though I've run away from many of the things that classified me as such, I remain the son.

But, the son has risen. Just as the sun always does. I have risen to be a better and stronger daughter. An independant. A lover. A seeker. A beauty. And Fearless (as one must be when they are a protector). The son has risen to bring night to daylight, and I will brighten your world.

1 comment: